Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I made a doll!!!!!!! (the second doll I have made)

I spent the Australia Day long weekend with my gorgeous friend Theresa on Macleay Island, QLD.  Theresa is a super talented doll maker and her doll label is Sami Dolls - be sure to check them out here.

We decided that it would be fun to make a doll while I was staying - I have previous made my first waldorf doll for a Xmas Doll Swap in 2012.

These are my progress iphone shots to making my second doll - I am super proud at how she turned out.  I did everything on her except finalising her eyes - the eyes made me too nervous, so Theresa kindly took over for me.  She is wearing some clothes that I had in my stash, I am going to make her some funky clothes in the next week or so (when I get a chance).

 Rolling the head with wool.
 Head done and limbs stuffed with wool.

 Body stitched together.

 Face done.
 Crocheting the weft wig.
 My gorgeous girl Olivia.



No comments: